The Essentials of Our Faith
We believe the Bible is the uniquely inspired and infallible Word of God, the supreme and final authority of faith and practice, and requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional essentials of our faith:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, led a sinless life, died on the cross as the sacrifice for our sins, was raised bodily from the dead on the third day, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit who glorifies Jesus Christ and applies his saving work to our hearts. The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, he gives new life to us, empowers us and imparts gifts to us for service, instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. We believe that because we are sinners and are estranged from God, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits his righteousness to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in his sight. Only those who are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. We believe the true Church is composed of all persons from every nation, tribe, race and tongue who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are administered in their integrity, Scriptural discipline is practiced and loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ will come again to the earth personally, visibly, and bodily to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." Revelation 22:20
7. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to this Great Commission requires total commitment to Jesus, and calls us to a life of self-denying love and service.